To ensure the “new era” of Trainz begins with an outstanding experience for all our fans, N3V Games and Deep Silver have taken the decision to delay the retail release of Trainz: A New Era until May 15.
These extra weeks of development and testing will enable N3V to finalize and fine tune all the necessary features to deliver our target graphics and meet the promise of the “best ever” version of Trainz.
To keep core fans fully up to date with the development progress, an updated “Community Edition” version has been released via MyTrainz for SimulatorCentral and Kickstarter backers. Once logged in, click on the T:ANE-CE V1.1 link in the menu. If you do not have a menu link please go to support.trainzportal.com to request assistance.
Steam and Mac users can expect the update around Jan 30.
This updated version delivers the following improvements over the December release:
· Improved stability and functionality across Driver and Surveyor.
· Initial Post-processing implementation including HDR tone mapping and bloom.
· Improvements to Procedural Junctions and includes some content updates.
· New “Low” shadow setting for improved performance on lower hardware specs.
· Water – minor tweaks (with major shader effects and reflections still to come).
· Improved Content Manager searching. Save custom filters, keyword support etc.
· Fixes for saved sessions and scripts
· Lots of crash fixes
For a full list of changes, and to join in the discussion, head over to the Trainz Forums.